1. You need not be a member of the Michigan Cichlid Association (MCA) to buy or sell fish.
2. We will be accepting CICHLIDS, CATFISH, PLECOS, LIVE PLANTS & DRY GOODS . Sellers will be LIMITED to TWENTY (20) LIVE PLANT items (bags) PER HOUSEHOLD. Dry goods will be allowed with a limit of FIVE (5) items PER HOUSEHOLD. All dry goods must be in clean & working order.
3. There is a LIMIT OF 50 items per person as noted in #2. Additional items will be returned to the seller or considered donations to the MCA.
4. A SELLER LETTER will be assigned by THE PRE-REGISTRATION CHAIR at the time of registration. Sellers who register using their own seller letter designations (initials etc.), without prior confirmation with the THE PRE-REGISTRATION CHAIR risk losing their auction proceeds.
5. No hybrids or crosses (2 different genus or species) are allowed. This includes, but not limited to, flowerhorns, O.B. Peacocks, and O.B. “Haplochromines” from Lake Malawi. Auction Chairperson reserves the right to refuse any fish that may be questionable.
6. Each item must contain a single species – no multiple species per bag allowed. If multiple species are found to be bagged together, it will be considered a donation to the MCA.
7. ALL ITEMS MUST BE PROPERLY LABELED: Sellers name, phone number, name of fish, number of fish in bag and sex of fish (if known).
8. PROPER FISH BAGS MUST BE USED: Fish must be properly bagged with ample air and water. Auction Chairperson may reject any item(s) not meeting these criteria. No baggies, Ziplock or seal-a-meal bags will be allowed. Large fish need to be put into buckets or styros.
9. There is a limit of (5) bags of fish, per species or color morph, for each person registering fish.
10. ADULT MALES AND FEMALES OF THE SAME SPECIES MUST BE BAGGED SEPARATELY AND ATTACHED TOGETHER.
11. A one-dollar ($1.00) charge per bag will be assessed for any re-bagging. (i.e. leaking, too small a bag, lack of air or adult males and females of the same species bagged together).
12. SIZE LIMIT OF THE FISH THAT WILL BE ACCEPTED: Any type of Dwarf cichlid MUST be a 3/4 inch minimum; and all others MUST be a 1 inch minimum. PLEASE NOTE~The Auction Chairperson will reject ALL items not meeting this size limitation as not fit for sale.
13. Sellers Items may be designated with a minimum (reserve) bid for a $5.00 fee per item. Contact the Auction Chair for further instructions at the auction.
14. All items become strictly the buyers responsibility once they are purchased. The MCA assumes no responsibility after that time.
15. No item will sell for less than $1.00.
16. No fish or item may be removed from the auction by the registrant once it has been registered. This can only be done by the Auction Chairperson.
17. Any item unsold or unclaimed after the close of the auction becomes the property of the MCA.
18. The Michigan Cichlid Association will not be responsible for any personal injury that might occur during the auction or on the site where the auction is held.
19. REGISTRATION FEES: (A) Pre-registration until 6:00 P.M. on the Saturday one week prior to the auction is free. Labels must be picked up by the seller during the registration period on the day of the auction. (B) A late registration fee of $5.00 per seller will be assessed for sellers that register after the time stated above (A) and during the registration period on the day of the auction.
20. Seller’s auction proceeds will be mailed within two weeks.
21. AUCTION SPLIT PAID MEMBER: Michigan Cichlid Association will only retain 20% of the sale price for paid members.
22. AUCTION SPLIT NON-PAID MEMBER: Michigan Cichlid Association will retain the first $1.00 of the sale price of item plus 20% of the sale price exceeding the first $1.00.
23. Sellers registering after 10:30 A.M. EST on the day of the auction will be allowed to register until 11:00 A.M. EST at a reduced seller split of 50% after the first $1.00 of the item sale price as stated above (21). No registration after 11:00 A.M. EST.
24. All items brought to the auction for sale must be placed on the inspection table in the auction room before 11:00 A.M. EST, regardless of the time of registration.
25. All purchases must be paid for in U.S. Currency.
26. Sellers are required to bring all items to the check-in table PRIOR to being put on tables.
27. A priority fee of $2.00 can be paid to bring any item to the front of the line. The fee is non-refundable and does not apply to the selling price.
FOR MORE INFORMATION-YOU MAY CALL/TEXT/E-MAIL :
PRESIDENT : Josh Cunningham 734-755-0295, email@example.com