Author Topic: Twins Tropical fish southgate Mi new store  (Read 2853 times)

grampamo

Twins Tropical fish southgate Mi new store
« on: December 27, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
very nice store hope they make it nick and mick are pretty knowledgable lots of cichlids and lots of salt water stuff . stop and check em out

Offline Frenchie

• Plymouth Michigan 48170
Re: Twins Tropical fish southgate Mi new store
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
very nice store hope they make it nick and mick are pretty knowledgable lots of cichlids and lots of salt water stuff . stop and check em out

A address or a phone number would help. And tell them about this site. 8)

grampamo

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:27:21 PM »
18815 Eureka Rd
Southgate, MI 48195
(734) 288-3571
and i did tell them about this site

Offline staples2485

• riverview, MI
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
i hope they do something different i went in there happy to see a new store and was not greated tanks were not the cleanest. not the best selection was never asked if i needed help. i walked out and was not even spoken too. hopefully they get better.
75 tanks and counting.........

Offline Fish Hobbiest

• Riverview, MI. 48193
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »
i hope they do something different i went in there happy to see a new store and was not greated tanks were not the cleanest. not the best selection was never asked if i needed help. i walked out and was not even spoken too. hopefully they get better.
Sorry to say I agree....wife and I went in and same results...tanks not in great shape...hairy molded food in tank with Oscars....not a good sign of fish health or water quality. ...went out to car and came back in and asked for business card told they were over there...where?....behind that stuff on the counter...
Guy was to busy talking bad about another store to give me a card .....

Online kodyboy

• Allen Park, Mi zip 48101
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »
I will have to concur, not the best store, almost no service and a poor (and expensive) selection of fish.

Offline staples2485

• riverview, MI
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »
so my wife and i went back in this weekend while waiting for our sushi order across the street and the store was worse than the first time every saltwater fish was covered in ich and some had some sort of white eye problem. We saw around 5 dead floating fish in the freshwater tanks and we all know dead fish dont float right away. and alot of just plain old petco mixed mbuna and haps and the tanks were very cloudy. also alot of the cichlids were chewed up. Again no greeting or a how can i help you. not sure how they are making any money!!!! what a shame. i was excited for a new store.

Offline staples2485

• riverview, MI
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »
i forgot there corals  were nice but that was it.

Offline linuxrulesusa

• Global Moderator
  • Eclectic Fish Aggregator
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 10:06:06 AM »
I've only stopped in a few times.  Found a healthy pair of pink convicts for a little variety in the livingroom a while back...so far they're doing great after three or four weeks.

1) Prices are high, e.g. platies for $3.49 vs. ~$2 at most box stores and $2.49 or so at other LFS, red jewels for $8 for ~2 inches vs. $4-5 at some other stores

2) Most tanks were relatively clean the two or three times I stopped in, plus they're adding a whole different rack to apparently add more stock and seemingly spread things out more also.  Still, a few stockings are weird like puffers in the same tank with juvenile jewel cichlids...not sure if the jewels or the puffers were chewing the fins, but the jewels looked kind of ragged

3) They have some fish that several of the other LFS right around this area don't carry, e.g. more variety in cichlids and unique fish

4) No DOA policy to speak of, at least per my last conversation with them.  Something to keep in mind.  Trade ins are a little low, e.g. $1/in for freshwater fish, vs. something more standard like 1/2 of listed price or some ratio to wholesale cost price.

Offline djlamonica

• Plymouth
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »
Im doing work on the better health grocery store across the street from here and go in at my lunches.  Store seems nice to me large selection seem more salt water geared in terms of up keep but I have seen far worse.  I picked up a juvi Oscar and a large green sev with awsome colors.  Service was blah but I like to tak m time and look myself just need some one to bag and ring me up, and they did that.  My only problem was the amoun of dyed fish they had there.  They had an awsome looking blueberry Oscar I badly wanted,  so wish I was true coloring.

gannmann101

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 07:55:10 PM »
I go there quite often they were getting a little behind on the maintance of their tanks but I don't hold that against them there is only two people. To keep up on everythang. Its a big task their selection is ujmmm ok it changes everytime I go in nick is always quick to point out. A new or uncommon species to me. I don't even have to ask I was there today and the tanks were in excelent shape. They have gotten in a few victorian species. I was surprised. The prices were realy good on their victorians if your looking for some plecos. This is the place to go downriver. Fantastic fins its not but theyh have many many plecos and will get any you want. 

Offline linuxrulesusa

• Global Moderator
  • Eclectic Fish Aggregator
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
if your looking for some plecos. This is the place to go downriver. Fantastic fins its not but theyh have many many plecos and will get any you want.

Ditto on catfish - they have quite the selection of catfish, including electric cats, RTC, etc.  They may not know what they all are and they are pricey, but there's a good selection.

Offline four_by_ken

• MCA Boardmember
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 07:51:42 AM »
Strange that there are opinions all over the board on this store.

I was just in this area last night.  Damn.

Offline dm3475

• Hey there
    • Lincoln Park, MI
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »
I have been to twins several times and every time I have been there the tanks were bad and the two guys seemed a little short with me and just acted like I didnt know what I was talking about. I just think that if their customer service skills were better they wouldnt have negative feedback

gannmann101

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »
Maybe try just going in and lookng around and not tring to be more knolegeable than the owners. If you have all thje answers why ask someone else